Drip campaigns are a marketing and communication tool for connecting with your prospects. Also, known as an autoresponder series, “drips,” are a pre-written set of messages to customers or prospects over a pre-determined time. Drip marketing messages are dripped in a series applicable to a specific behavior or status of the recipient. it is also typically automated.
These emails can be used for several objectives.
- Top of mind: Helps prospects keep your company top-of-mind though out sales process.
- Educational: Provides relevant product info to prepare them for purchase.
- Re-engament: Win back the interest of older leads.
- Promotional: Limited-run promotions and special pricing offers.
- Competitive: Target competitors with benefits of switching to you.
- Training: move reader through a a training program.
Drip campaigns can be used to nurture your prospects to a sales ready state automatically.